top of page

Appeals and Post-Verdict Relief

Image by Aaron Burden

If you’ve received a decision from a judge, or a verdict from a jury, that you disagree with, you may be able to appeal the decision or verdict to a higher court.


The Calabrese Law Firm handles civil and criminal appeals arising from town and village courts, county courts, supreme courts, and federal district courts. It is important to consult with an attorney quickly, as there is a time limit for filing an appeal. So if you’re looking to appeal a judge’s decision or jury verdict, don’t wait to contact the Calabrese Law Firm, PLLC for a free consultation.


In addition to an appeal, there are other legal procedures that a defendant may use in order to vacate a conviction or sentence. These potential remedies include a petition for a writ of habeas corpus and a motion pursuant to Article 440 of the Criminal Procedure Law.


Contact the Calabrese Law Firm, PLLC, for a free consultation to determine whether an Article 440 motion or other post-verdict relief is an appropriate remedy for you and your case.

clf only logo black.png

Confidential Consultation

Don't delay any longer. Contact an attorney at the Calabrese Law Firm to discuss your legal options.

Thanks for submitting!

Quick Links              Services               Location

33 Elk Street, Suite 103

Albany, NY 12207


bottom of page